The title comes from my biggest fan (OK, very often my only fan 😉 ) otherwise known as Mom.
I was trying to come up with a travel-friendly and shipping-friendly version of my chocolate-dipped banana-pb filled peanut butter bacon cookies:
and realized that the same ingredients work if combined and baked in a cookie rather than used to create a chocolate-dipped cookie sandwich. They’re even more adorable as minis!
Mini Peanut Butter Bacon Banana Cookies with Chocolate Chips and Peanuts
Copyright 2016 by Lauren Bradford (The Food Puzzler)
– 1 cup peanut butter
– 1 cup peanut butter powder
– 1 teaspoon baking powder
(or the dry ingredients from a favorite peanut butter cookie recipe)
– Large banana, ripened.
– 1 teaspoon vanilla
– 1 large egg
– 1/2 cup chopped peanuts
– 1/2 cup chocolate chips of choice.
-4 strips bacon of choice, cooked near crispy with excess fat blotted away, chopped small.
– 2 tablespoons chopped peanuts.
1. Mash or purée the banana in a food processor, and transfer to a bowl.
2. Mix in the remaining ingredients, then cover and refrigerate mixture for 30 minutes.
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line sheet pans with parchment.
4. Using a mini-scoop or 2 teaspoons, portion out the dough onto the sheet pans 2 inches apart.
5. Bake for up to 10 minutes, then place on a cooling rack.
6. Cool the cookies completely.